Business Development Manager at FanHub
- Permanent/ Full-time
- Preferably Atlanta, however potential for New York or Los Angeles based talent
What you do, in one sentence!
“I work in sports tech! My primary objective is to grow the revenue and client base of FanHub’s US operations”
What you will really be doing
- Initiating and closing new sales for FanHub
- Assisting the Vice President of Business Development, in initiating and / or closing deals
- Actively identifying new opportunities for both existing & new clients and proactively take the lead on turning leads into sales
- Creating polished presentations outlining new opportunities for both potential and existing clients
- Updating PipeDrive and assisting the Head of Business Development in keeping the USA office deals in PipeDrive up to date
- Working with senior team members to negotiate deals and contracts
- Holding responsibility for the overall relationship and retention of my clients whilst increasing adoption, ensuring retention, growing the account and delivering satisfaction for the client
- Keeping a constant eye on industry news and how that could impact the business and use this information to identify new opportunities
- In the early stages of your role at FanHub, you will spend time in production so to developing a deep understanding of the products you will be working on and an empathy for those who will be responsible for delivering on your sales
What have we worked on recently?
A huge variety of things! We launch over 50 products each year, some of which are:
- Fantasy and Pick Em games for the IOC, NFL, NBA and MLB across multiple territories and languages
- Location based daily fantasy game for Buffalo Wild Wings sports bars in the USA
- Work with some of industry’s premier sportsbooks such as DraftKings and Pointsbet
- Polls, quizzes and real-time games like Live Trivia for the NBA
You’ll be assisting the Vice President of Business Development, working with a large scale cross functional & global team of producers/product managers, account managers, UX specialists, designers, developers, quality assurance & support teams
Skills & Requirements
- You are energetic and outgoing with very good written and verbal communication skills and have excellent engagement and presentation skills. You love meeting and talking to new people!
- You have a passion and knowledge for multiple sports
- You have 3+ years of prior experience in a digital product manager role, business development role or equivalent role
- You have a proven track record in the year on year growth and retention of clients
- You have a proven track record in selling digital products
- You have the ability to effectively manage internal and external senior stakeholders when providing updates or dealing with escalation
- You have a strong commercial and strategic sense when it comes to partnerships and potential leads you help navigate.
- You have an intuition for people. You are spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external teams, building and cultivating new relationships with potential and existing partners within all parts of an organization.
- You have a passion and desire for networking and meeting new people, as well as level of cold calling and unsolicited reach out to prospective clients
- You have a proven ability to drive continuous value of our products and sell & explain that value to clients
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be detail oriented and analytical
- It's so important, it's worth mentioning again - you are energetic and outgoing and love meeting and talking to new people!
Tools of the trade
- Various organizational tools
- Google docs/Google Drive
- Room for you to do things your way, while working on some of the most high profile sports digital products in the world!
- Some flexibility with working hours, especially once you have settled in and so long as you get the job done
- Opportunity to work in some of our other offices around the world
- 15 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- An amazing bunch of people who make coming to work every day fun