Product Manager / Digital Producer at FanHub
- Atlanta (ideal) or New York based
- Open to remote locations for the perfect candidate
What you do, in one sentence!
“I work in sports tech! I help our clients and prospective clients in media and sport understand how FanHub’s fan engagement products can add to their digital success”
What you will really be doing?
- Work with our clients throughout the project lifecycle to develop best in class, digital solutions catered to their specific strategic requirements
- Responsible for the successful delivery of FanHub projects & products. From product ideation, overseeing wireframes and designs, creating functional/technical documentation, managing development, quality assurance and maintenance.
What other things are you required to do?
- Responsible for managing the scope, timeline and resourcing of my projects
- Serve as the main point of contact with the client throughout the lifecycle of the project with support from the Account Manager or a Senior Product Manager if required
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the FanHub product and can clearly articulate technical solutions and requirements both internally and externally
- I will be responsible for the quality of the output of my product, this includes being across customer support queries and identifying any repeat issues in order to be on the front foot with product hygiene
- I will work closely with the Support/QA team when related to my product and assist them by providing clear briefs for testing as well as assisting with support duties when required
- Facilitate and lead all client & internal meetings for my projects, and assume responsibility for ensuring that the meeting is run to a tight agenda with notes & follow up items
- Supporting the Account Services team in pitches and scoping by defining solutions that are robust, world-class, clearly articulated and accurately sized
- Constantly upskilling in current technical solutions and industry trends in order to clearly communicate technical solutions to clients when required, however I can lean on technical leads and senior digital producers where required
- Identifying new opportunities for new revenue whilst working on projects and engaging the Account Services team to convert these opportunities.
What have we worked on recently?
- We have over 100 active products covering 15+ sports, including:
- Official NFL Predictor, Fantasy, Team Picker and Bracket Challenge games syndicated with media partners globally such as Sky Sports
- A number of official products in the USA for the NBA, MLB, MLS, DraftKings and ATP, including NBA Trivia, MLB Quick Pick, and MLS Fantasy
- Exciting new in-restaurant technology for USA-based Buffalo Wild Wings
- An exciting suite of products for the IOC, launching for the Tokyo Olympics
- The Sun Dream Team fantasy football platform with two game formats and native Apple and Android appsA range of market-leading products for the biggest Australian sport and media organisations such as Cricket Australia, the National Rugby League, the Australian Football League and many others
You will be reporting to the Head of Product in the US team and working with a large scale cross functional & global team of other Producers/Product Managers, Account Managers, UX Specialists, Designers, Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) & Support teams
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3 years experience in Digital Production/Project or Product Management within an agency or product supplier environment
- Experience in driving digital product strategy - strong ability to collaborate with stakeholders to ideate on and execute a product vision that drives maximum value
- Proven experience managing projects to scope, budget & client satisfaction
- A strong understanding of digital UX best practices
- Experience with project management tools such as Confluence, Jira, scheduling and reporting tools
- Proven experience in a client facing project management role, with a proven track record of forming and maintaining strong client relationships
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders when providing updates or dealing with escalation
- Proven ability to effectively manage large scale cross functional & global teams of UX specialists, designers, content creators, developers, quality assurance & dev ops teams
- Experience in managing complex digital solutions across multiple frameworks & languages
Who are you?
- Must possess a strong passion for sports and ideally fantasy sports or sports statistics
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to effectively build strong working relationships with clients and staff
- Strong ability to think outside of the box and come up with creative solutions
- Be a critical thinker, someone who is able to rationally and thoughtfully think through a problem or task and determine the best outcome
- The ability to work unusual hours when required, given the nature of the sports industry that we serve and global nature of our team
- Solution focussed and never raise or escalate a risk or issue without also providing my proposed solution
- Enjoy working in a exciting, dynamic, fast paced environment
Tools of the Trade
- Gantt chart tools
- Various organizational tools
- Google Docs/Google Drive
- Room for you to do things your way, while working on some of the most high profile sports digital products in the world!
- Some flexibility with working hours and arrangements, especially once you have settled in and so long as you get the job done
- Future opportunity to work in some of our other offices around the world
- An amazing bunch of people to make coming to work every day something you enjoy