Associate Product Manager at FanHub
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Atlanta (preferred) or New York
Reports to: Head of Product, Northern Hemisphere
What you do, in one sentence!
“I work in sports tech! I help our clients and prospective clients in media and sport understand how FanHub’s fan engagement products can add to their digital success”
What you will really be doing?
- Work with our clients throughout the project lifecycle to develop best in class, digital solutions catered to their specific strategic requirements
- Responsible for the successful delivery of FanHub projects & products. From product ideation, overseeing wireframes and designs, creating functional/technical documentation, managing development, quality assurance and maintenance.
- I’m accountable for client satisfaction during the delivery of projects at FanHub and form strong relationships with clients throughout
- I provide support to the delivery team with production from scoping through to final delivery based on the FanHub Delivery Methodology
What other things are you required to do?
- I am responsible for managing the scope, timeline and resourcing of my projects with assistance from the Head of Product
- I serve as the main point of contact with the client throughout the lifecycle of the project with support from the Account Manager or a Senior Product Manager if required
- I will be responsible for the quality of the output of my product, this includes being across customer support queries and identifying any repeat issues in order to be on the front foot with product hygiene
- I provide support to the account management and business development team with assisting on requirements gathering, briefing & documenting client proposals and pitches to define solutions that are robust, world-class, clearly articulated and accurately sized.
- I actively identify new business opportunities and opportunities within existing clients at FanHub and assist the bus dev/account management team to turn these into deals
- I am capable of documenting new project and feature requirements and coordinate the delivery of these in line with company and client budgets and timelines
- I undertake analysis to ensure our products maintain current market position and develop strategies to improve on our current market position.
- I think strategically, creatively and innovatively, to ensure we are at the forefront of innovation
- I effectively communicate problems and solutions to my team
Who are you?
- A love of sports and the use of digital to enhance the way fans engage with their favourite events
- Highly motivated & organised – able to prioritise tasks effectively & facilitate a team around you to drive an outcome
- Adaptable to the needs of the project and the client, ability to productively task switch based on priorities set by the business
- Ability to multitask and wear multiple hats when necessary to ensure you can support where most needed
- An authentic, enthusiastic and proactive nature, along with a strong cultural alignment with our existing team
- Ability to work outside of hours when needed
- A love of meeting new challenges head on
- Proactive and efficient in all processes
- Creative thinker that voices new ideas
What we have worked on recently?
- We have over 100 active products covering 15+ sports, including:
- Official NFL Predictor, Fantasy, Team Picker and Bracket Challenge games syndicated with media partners globally such as Sky Sports
- A number of official products in the USA for the NBA, MLB, MLS, DraftKings and ATP, including NBA Trivia, MLB Quick Pick, and MLS Fantasy
- Exciting new in-restaurant technology for USA-based Buffalo Wild Wings
- An exciting suite of products for the IOC, launching for the Tokyo Olympics
- The Sun Dream Team fantasy football platform with two game formats and native Apple and Android appsA range of market-leading products for the biggest Australian sport and media organisations such as Cricket Australia, the National Rugby League, the Australian Football League and many others.
Your Skills & Requirements
- Experience working with teams and co-workers and adapting to various styles of communication
- Previous product/digital experience a plus
- Have an understanding of current industry trends and ability to clearly communicate solutions to clients and colleagues
Tools of the trade
- Gantt chart tools
- Various organizational tools
- Google docs/Google Drive
What we offer?
- Room for you to do things your way, while working on some of the most high profile sports digital products in the world!
- Some flexibility with working hours and arrangements, especially once you have settled in and so long as you get the job done
- Future opportunity to work in some of our other offices around the world
- An amazing bunch of people to make coming to work every day something you enjoy
Please ensure you submit your salary expectations with your application, as any applications without this included will not be assessed.