Digital Producer / Product Manager at FanHub
Position Type: Full Time
Location: London based
What you do, in one sentence!
“I work in sports tech! I help our clients and prospective clients in media and sport understand how FanHub’s fan engagement products can add to their digital success”
What you will be doing, primarily:
- I will be responsible for the successful delivery of FanHub projects & products. From wireframes and designs, functional/technical documentation, development, quality assurance and maintenance.
- Supporting the Account Services team in pitches and scoping by defining solutions that are robust, world-class, clearly articulated and accurately sized.
- Serve as the main point of contact with the client throughout the lifecycle of the project with support from my Account Manager or a Senior Product Manager if required.
What other things you are required to do:
- Responsible for managing the scope, timeline and resourcing of my projects, communicating the project status and milestones and facilitating Changes of Scope as required.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the FanHub product and can clearly articulate technical solutions and requirements both internally and externally.
- Adopting a holistic approach to product and project management looking at the entire lifecycle of a product including key dates, annual rollovers and BAU & maintenance work
- I will be responsible for the quality of the output of my product and work closely with all teams to ensure this is in-line with FanHub’s expectations, this includes being across customer support queries and identifying any repeat issues in order to be on the front foot with product hygiene
- I will work closely with the Support/QA team when related to my product and assist them by providing clear briefs for testing as well as assisting with support duties when required
- Facilitate and lead all client & internal meetings for my projects, and assume responsibility for ensuring that the meeting is run to a tight agenda with notes & follow up items
- Responsible for the successful end-to-end delivery of my projects, accountable for the quality of work carried out by my project team and clearly communicating to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Constantly upskilling in current technical solutions and industry trends in order to clearly communicate technical solutions to clients when required, however I can lean on technical leads and senior digital producers where required
- Be accountable for the financial governance of my projects, including managing projects to budget and communicating billing milestones to the Account Services and Finance teams.
- Solution focussed and never raise or escalate a risk or issue without also providing my proposed solution
- Identifying new opportunities for new revenue whilst working on projects and engaging the Account Services team to convert these opportunities.
Who are you?
- You have a love of sports and a strong understanding of digital sports products
- You are able to work independently when required but are ultimately a team player with a positive attitude and the ability to take on board feedback
- You are a problem solver with excellent research and analytical skills who is willing to learn new skills and adapt to change
- You have strong attention to detail and are extremely organised, process oriented, can multitask and can work quickly whilst delivering quality outcomes to tight deadlines (or even ahead of time!
- You are energetic and outgoing with exceptional communication skills and have excellent engagement and negotiation skills
- You think strategically, creatively and innovatively, and want to ensure we are at the forefront of innovation and enjoy actively encouraging looking at things from different perspectives
- You are willing to challenge the status quo to come up with fresh ideas and processes
What we have worked on recently?
- We have over 100 active products covering 15+ sports, including:
- The Sun Dream Team fantasy football platform with two game formats and native Apple and Android apps
- An exciting suite of products for the IOC, launching for the Tokyo Olympics
- Official NFL Predictor and Fantasy games syndicated with media partners such as Sky Sports
- A number of official products in the USA for the NBA, MLB, MLS and ATP, including NBA Trivia, MLB Quick Pick, and MLS Fantasy
- Innovative fantasy, trivia, prediction and polling games for European clients such as MotoGP Euroleague Basketball, and the Irish Times
- A range of market-leading products for the biggest Australian sport and media organisations such as Cricket Australia, the National Rugby League, the Australian Football League and many others
- Exciting new in-restaurant technology for USA-based Buffalo Wild Wings
You will be assisting the Senior Product Manager in the UK team and working with a large scale cross functional & global team of other Producers/Product Managers, Account Managers, UX Specialists, Designers, Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) & Support teams
Your Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years experience in Digital Production/Project or Product Management within an agency or product supplier environment
- Proven experience managing projects to scope, budget & client satisfaction
- Experience with project management tools such as Confluence, Jira, scheduling and reporting tools
- Proven experience in a client facing project management roie, with a proven track record of forming and maintaining strong client relationships
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders when providing updates or dealing with escalation
- Proven ability to effectively manage large scale cross functional & global teams of UX specialists, designers, content creators, developers, quality assurance & dev ops teams
- Experience in managing complex digital solutions across multiple frameworks & languages
- The ability to work unusual hours when required, given the nature of the sports industry that we serve
Tools of the Trade
- Gantt chart tools
- Various organizational tools
- Google Docs/Google Drive
What we offer
- Room for you to do things your way, while working on some of the most high profile sports digital products in the world!
- Some flexibility with working hours and arrangements, especially once you have settled in and so long as you get the job done
- Future opportunity to work in some of our other offices around the world
- An amazing bunch of people to make coming to work every day something you enjoy
- Pension Plan, 25 days holiday, Team bonus scheme amongst other things
Please ensure you submit your salary expectations with your application, as any applications without this included will not be assessed.