Position Type: Full time
We are on the hunt for a talented and creative, London based Mid-weight UI Designer. This is a varied role with a focus on the design of digital fan engagement products.
FanHub specialises in building & operating digital fan engagement products. We work with leading media companies and sports bodies all around the world. Our products cover Football, NFL, Basketball, Tennis, Cycling, AFL, NRL and Rugby and our clients include NewsUK (The Sun), The Telegraph, Eurosport, the NFL, the NBA, the MLB, the MLS, the AFL and the NRL amongst many others.
What you will be doing:
- Translating wireframes to high fidelity design.
- Following your designs from concept through to design delivery.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and sitemaps
- Collaborating with the Product and Development teams to define and implement innovative solutions
Your Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years industry experience in UI, interaction, digital design.
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite.
- A good understanding of current industry tools; and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Familiarity with component libraries.
- Strong problem solving skills and a good understanding of UX design principles
- A robust and clear understanding of the development cycle and the desire to work closely with our developers
- Familiarity and demonstrable experience working with brand style guides.
- A mobile first mentality.
- Experience working with remote teams and co-workers
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ideally have a love of sports and possess a strong understanding of digital sports products
- Good communication and ability to present and rationalise your work to your peers, stakeholders and clients.
- An authentic, enthusiastic and proactive nature
- You are able to work independently when required but are ultimately a team player with a positive attitude and the ability to take on board feedback
- You have strong attention to detail and are extremely organised, process oriented, can multitask and can work quickly whilst delivering quality outcomes to tight deadlines
What we have worked on recently?
- We have over 100 active products covering 15+ sports, including:
- Official NFL Predictor, Fantasy, Team Picker and Bracket Challenge games syndicated with media partners globally such as Sky Sports
- A number of official products in the USA for the NBA, MLB, MLS, DraftKings and ATP, including NBA Trivia, MLB Quick Pick, and MLS Fantasy
- Exciting new in-restaurant technology for USA-based Buffalo Wild Wings
- An exciting suite of products for the IOC, launching for the Tokyo Olympics
- The Sun Dream Team fantasy football platform with two game formats and native Apple and Android appsA range of market-leading products for the biggest Australian sport and media organisations such as Cricket Australia, the National Rugby League, the Australian Football League and many others
You will be reporting to the Design Lead (based in Australia) and working with a large scale cross functional & global team of other Designers, Producers/Product Managers, Account Managers, Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) & Support teams
What we offer?
- Room for you to do things your way, while working on some of the most high profile sports digital products in the world!
- Some flexibility with working hours and arrangements, especially once you have settled in and so long as you get the job done
- Future opportunity to work in some of our other offices around the world (we have offices in the UK, USA and Australia.
- An amazing bunch of people to make coming to work every day something you enjoy
Please ensure you submit your salary expectations with your application, as any applications without this included will not be assessed.