Position Type: Part Time/Internship
Location: Flexible, preference is NYC / Atlanta
Love sports and love digital games? Then you will love working at FanHub!
FanHub specialises in building & operating digital fan engagement products - fantasy and predictor games, trivia, polling and more. We work with leading media companies and sports bodies all around the world. Our products cover Football, NFL, Basketball, Tennis, Cycling, AFL, NRL and Rugby and our clients include the NFL, the NBA, the MLB, NewsUK, Eurosport, ATP Tour, the AFL and the NRL amongst many others.
What you will be doing, primarily:
- Providing customer support for our fans (users of the games we build) via our customer support platform (Zendesk), for our products. This typically involves answering their questions and trying to understand if there are real issues we need to investigate further.
- Monitoring our products during live matches and events to ensure there are no issues (games are operating as expected), and escalate issues when they appear.
- Perform dedicated testing of our products (basically playing the games we build!).
What do we offer?
- When you’re not performing your primary support duties, you will have exposure to all areas of the business, allowing future opportunity to work in our other offices around the world
- The opportunity to work on an exciting range of products with some great clients
- An amazing bunch of people to make coming to work every day something you enjoy
You will be reporting to the Customer Support Lead and working with a global team of other Producers/Product Managers, Account Managers, User Experience (UX) Specialists, Designers, Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) & other Support staff.
- A love of sports and the use of digital platforms
- An authentic, enthusiastic and proactive nature, along with a strong cultural alignment with our existing team
- Able to prioritise tasks effectively & and work within a team
- Adaptable to the needs our projects and clients, with the ability to wear multiple hats when necessary to ensure you can support where most needed
- Willingness to work with remote teams and co-workers and adapting to various styles of communication
- Illustrate empathy and be conscious of tone of voice while providing users with articulate and helpful responses
- The ability to work unusual hours when required given the nature of the sports industry that we serve
Although the role is not full time, a willingness to work a schedule with some hours outside of common business hours that can shift throughout the year is required.
- Ability to work at least one weekday shift AND one weekend shift each week
- Ability to do additional shifts (2 per week) during busy periods e.g. EPL season start in the UK, NFL season start in the US, AFL/NRL season start in Australia.
- Ability to work a sometimes inconsistent schedule as needs fluctuate throughout the year.
Please provide your CV listing relevant work experience along with a brief cover letter