Position Type: Full time
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to deliver the difference for our partners.
FanHub, now a Genius Sports Company specialises in building & operating digital fan engagement products. We work with leading media companies and sports bodies all over the world. Our products cover all sports including; Soccer, NFL, Tennis, AFL, NRL, Golf, Basketball, Rugby Union and Cycling and our clients include Australia’s largest telco Telstra, CBS Sports (USA), ATP Tour (USA), MLS (USA), NFL (USA), NewsUK (UK), Eurosport (UK), The AFL, The NRL, The NBL, Perform Group, Fox Sports and major Australian betting companies among others. Millions of users are interacting with our products every year!
What We Do
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manager their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love, including Fantasy Sports, Tipping, Bracket Challenges
As the Management Accountant for FanHub (Fan Engagement) you will become the ‘go-to’ person within the organisation that will have intimate knowledge as to how the division is performing financially at a macro and micro level, and whether that is to date, or with a projection in mind. You will work with many stakeholders within the business to gain the necessary information to be able to provide this accurately and at a touch of a button.
What you will be doing, primarily:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, under accrual accounting, inclusive of P&L, Balance sheet, Cashflow and supporting schedules across three “FanHub” entities.
- Monthly P&L variance analysis vs. budget / forecast on product basis.
- Monthly Balance Sheet analysis vs. prior periods.
- Presentation of monthly analysis to Internal stakeholders.
- Weekly cashflow management and reporting.
- Cost reporting (Hosting, staff costs, etc) on a monthly basis on product basis.
- Detailed revenue reporting including flash revenue estimates.
- Point of contact for company bank accounts and credit cards.
- Support in production of annual divisional budgets and forecasts.
- Build and maintain a sophisticated financial reporting tool that consolidates three international entities, and that seamlessly produces; P&L’s, Balance Sheet, Budgets and Forecasts.
- Supporting the migration of FanHub financial data onto global ERP system Workday.
- Collaborating with management and external partners in the design of FanHub financial processes in global ERP system Workday.
- Work closely with the team bookkeeper on AR invoices and AP purchase invoice process.
- Allocation of all key costs of sales (staff and hosting) on project basis.
- Work with the Head of Delivery to produce profit and cost analysis by product to ensure we have effective pricing in place.
- If Melbourne based, you may have some Office Management duties.
Your Skills & Requirements:
- Microsoft applications, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Partly or newly qualified CPA preferred, ideally with some commercial experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail, organised, able to manage own time and workload and demonstrate initiative.
- Team player with hands-on, can-do attitude. Eager to learn and develop.
- Knowledge of Xero and/or Workday ERP system, not required but beneficial.
- Well presented.
What do we offer:
- As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
- Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)